Software Project Manager
Our candidate will exude strong technical and management characteristics. He/she will embody a strong personal character coupled with broad technical acumen and intellect. The drive and ambition to succeed will be balanced by the ability to create a unified team environment. He/she will work directly with internal stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budge, and he/she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will be decisive, intelligent, and thrives in a fast-paced business culture.
The successful candidate will:
- Meet with stakeholders to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on engineering employee’s individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Report potential problems back to management
- Ensure that all regulated products are developed in compliance with regulatory bodies
- Allow and create opportunities for engineering employees’ to meet personal growth and development goals
- Oversee design and development of products while taking into account company vision and customer needs
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel / Word
- Any other duties or responsibilities provided by supervisor
- At least 2 years of project management experience over software teams
- Demonstrable software development experience
- At least 1 year managing agile development
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage product development within engineering department (iOS, quality, clinical, and research groups) Manage product development lifecycle
Education: At least a BS in engineering or science.
Send resume to:
Drew Hosford Vice President, Engineering
About Gauss Surgical:
Gauss Surgical is a Silicon Valley-based technology company pioneering an over-the-air delivery model for medical technologies. The company leverages computer vision and machine learning to deliver mobile applications for the operating room, with a focus on improving patient safety, quality, and outcomes. The company’s initial product, Triton, is a real time blood loss monitor that improves care for patients and reduces costs for hospitals.
Gauss is led by a group of experienced, passionate medical and technical entrepreneurs. The company has fostered a culture that empowers its people to strive for excellence. With a highly differentiated technology addressing a huge market need Gauss Surgical is poised to become the leader in accurately quantify blood loss in the OR through real-time data analysis.
The Company recently completed a $20 million Series C financing round led by SoftBank Ventures Korea and Northwell Health, and with participation from the strategic venture arms of several leading healthcare systems. Triton™ was selected from over 1 million iOS apps to receive the Apple Design Award at the 2018 World Wide Developers Conference. Triton has received FDA de novo approval and CE mark; in the past 18 months. Triton™ has been adopted by 50 leading US hospitals covering over 200,000 surgeries per year and impacts over a thousand patients weekly.