Senior Mobile Engineer
Gauss Surgical Inc., Menlo Park, CA seeks Senior Mobile Engineers – Developing mobile applications for the company for iOS products including iPads, iPods and iPhones using Objective C and Swift. Our candidate will exude strong technical and management characteristics. He/she will embody a strong personal character coupled with broad technical acumen and intellect. The drive and ambition to succeed will be balanced by the ability to create a unified team environment. He/she will work directly with internal stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budge, and he/she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will be decisive, intelligent, and thrives in a fast-paced business culture.
The successful candidate will:
- Design and build sophisticated and highly-scalable mobile apps.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Follow Object Oriented Approach while implementing architecture designs.
- Write efficient Database queries for Core Data/ SQL.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use. Implement proof of concepts for new features.
- Use versioning control for team collaboration.
- Designing, developing architecture and developing maintainable, testable, functional software that meets product and customer requirements.
- Explore feasible architectures for implementing new features.
- Suggest space and time efficient Data Structures.
- Design on-device Database Architecture.
- Use Continuous Integration for smooth deployment.
- Analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Communicate with the Project Manager regarding status of projects and suggest appropriate deadlines for new functionalities.
- Ensure security guidelines are always followed while developing the app.
- Validate the AWS cloud system to ensure any new changes do not compromise security of the backend server.
- Suggest new features/enhancements.
- Consulting with customer facing representatives about software system design and maintenance.
- Interact with the Clinical Specialists and Product Manager to help understand end-user feedback. Suggest suitable implementation of features based on feedback from Clinical Specialists.
- Use feedback from clinical specialists to provide valuable inputs in UI/UX designing of new screens in app.
- Maintaining software through product lifecycle including design, development, verification, and bug fixes. Connect regularly with the Quality Assurance Specialist to deliver stable app.
- Resolve all the bugs reported by the Quality Assurance Specialist in a timely manner.
- Perform time profiling and memory leaks assessment.
- Execute app verification protocol.
- Write Integration tests for the App.
- Following company policies and quality procedures to ensure quality product deliverables.
- Perform validation on Cloud infrastructure setup.
- Perform Disaster recovery trials on Cloud infrastructure setup.
- Engage in peer code reviews.
- Write Unit tests to ensure software quality.
- Bachelor’s (or foreign educ. equiv.) Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related and Five (5) yrs. (post-degree, progressive) exp. in Job Offered or related.
- Experience must have included Use of Objective C for development of mobile applications.
- Use of Swift for development of mobile applications; Writing software unit test cases to ensure software quality.
- Writing software Requirement and Design Specification documentations.
- Writing SQL database queries for efficient data management, storage, and retrieval.
- Use of python for automation of complex processes, data analysis, and scripting.
Send resume to:
Drew Hosford Vice President, Engineering
About Gauss Surgical:
Gauss Surgical is a Silicon Valley-based technology company pioneering an over-the-air delivery model for medical technologies. The company leverages computer vision and machine learning to deliver mobile applications for the operating room, with a focus on improving patient safety, quality, and outcomes. The company’s initial product, Triton, is a real time blood loss monitor that improves care for patients and reduces costs for hospitals.
Gauss is led by a group of experienced, passionate medical and technical entrepreneurs. The company has fostered a culture that empowers its people to strive for excellence. With a highly differentiated technology addressing a huge market need Gauss Surgical is poised to become the leader in accurately quantify blood loss in the OR through real-time data analysis.
The Company recently completed a $20 million Series C financing round led by SoftBank Ventures Korea and Northwell Health, and with participation from the strategic venture arms of several leading healthcare systems. Triton™ was selected from over 1 million iOS apps to receive the Apple Design Award at the 2018 World Wide Developers Conference. Triton has received FDA de novo approval and CE mark; in the past 18 months. Triton™ has been adopted by 50 leading US hospitals covering over 200,000 surgeries per year and impacts over a thousand patients weekly.