Director / Sr. Director of Marketing
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Sr. Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing the strategy to drive adoption of Gauss’ AI-based solutions for use in operating rooms. S/he will develop and manage a high performing marketing team with responsibility for defining the upstream product roadmap, driving successful commercialization, and executing strategic marketing communications to communicate the company and product value propositions to key stakeholders. S/he will work closely with the senior management team and key cross-functional partners, including Engineering, Sales and Customer Success.
The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the Vice President, Marketing, the executive management team and other resources to develop effective global sales strategies to drive adoption of Gauss Surgical’s Triton™ technology throughout all the hospital stakeholders, including OB/GYN surgeons, anesthesiology, nurse managers and C-suite executives.
- Develop and execute product positioning and branding strategy, which will result in Gauss’ products becoming the standard of care in blood quantification in Labor & Delivery and other surgical procedures.
- Work closely with the executive team and provide leadership for the Company’s forward moving marketing organization, including long term strategy, new product development, customer satisfaction, product positioning, new product launches, distribution, market research, competitive analysis and due diligence regarding potential business development activities.
- Provide the teamwork environment, vision and leadership necessary to attract top talent and build a marketing organization capable of achieving its maximum potential.
- Have proven leadership experience integrating marketing, product development and sales processes to dramatically grow revenues.
- Develop and execute ongoing marketing processes, market research and competitive analysis that provide the Company with an integrated strategic marketing focus to greatly enhance current and future product endeavors.
- Lead and manage all other classical marketing functions: market research, product management, advertising and marketing communications programs.
- Together with sales management provide sales training and ongoing account support to sales organization.
- Work closely with physicians to further understand customer needs and purchasing behaviors that will drive physician adoption.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a high level of courtesy and professional ethics.
Expertise & Personality:
The successful candidate will:
- At least 10+ years of successful experience in a senior medical marketing capacity where the emphasis has been on strategic and tactical marketing within the hospital environment.
- A highly successful track record in building, leading and retaining an experienced medical device marketing organization, preferably in a “first of its kind” medical device marketplace.
- Expertise in branding and marketing breakthrough products to effectively drive physician adoption.
- Excellent strategic thinking with solid business acumen and superior organization and communication skills.
- Solid project management skills to handle multiple projects and manage timelines.
- A goal-orientated, hands-on approach and ability to operate with a high sense-of-urgency.
- Comfort operating in a nimble, risk-taking environment of open communication throughout the organization.
- Experience in creating successful strategic partnerships and building relationships with thought leaders.
- The ability to collaborate as a “team player” that works closely with senior leaders and others throughout the organization to quickly win their respect and cooperation and jointly achieve Company objectives.
- A clear desire to succeed and be effective working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, while exhibiting the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
A BS/BA degree is required; an advanced degree in business or management is desirable.
Send resume to:
Vice President, Marketing
Location: Gauss Surgical Headquarters 4085 Campbell Ave., Suite 200 Menlo Park, CA 94025
About Gauss Surgical:
Gauss Surgical is a Silicon Valley-based technology company pioneering an over-the-air delivery model for medical technologies. The company leverages computer vision and machine learning to deliver mobile applications for the operating room, with a focus on improving patient safety, quality, and outcomes. The company’s initial product, Triton, is a real time blood loss monitor that improves care for patients and reduces costs for hospitals.
Gauss is led by a group of experienced, passionate medical and technical entrepreneurs. The company has fostered a culture that empowers its people to strive for excellence. With a highly differentiated technology addressing a huge market need Gauss Surgical is poised to become the leader in accurately quantify blood loss in the OR through real-time data analysis.
The Company recently completed a $20 million Series C financing round led by SoftBank Ventures Korea and Northwell Health, and with participation from the strategic venture arms of several leading healthcare systems. Triton™ was selected from over 1 million iOS apps to receive the Apple Design Award at the 2018 World Wide Developers Conference. Triton has received FDA de novo approval and CE mark; in the past 18 months. Triton™ has been adopted by 50 leading US hospitals covering over 200,000 surgeries per year and impacts over a thousand patients weekly.