Clinical Account Manager
Field Based Roles in:
- Texas (Houston/Dallas)
- Mid-Atlantic (Baltimore to Richmond)
- Southern California
Reporting to the Director, Customer Success, the Clinical Account Manager (CAM) is responsible for training and supporting customers in the successful use of Gauss’ Triton™ blood loss monitoring system. The CAM serves as the Clinical Product Expert, responsible for developing deep customer product and clinical understanding of the Triton system. The CAM is also responsible for managing the customer account relationship to help Gauss create a strong base of successful, referenceable accounts, and to ensure high rates of customer contract renewals.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide product demonstrations and clinical education to accounts to increase customers’ product understanding.
- Lead post-sales activities, including implementation, product education, in-servicing and ongoing support.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of Triton. Apply product and clinical knowledge to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Manage accounts to drive utilization of Triton within the assigned region.
- Support regional sales strategy working with sales team to achieve business plans through lead generation and pre-sale clinical evaluations and demonstrations.
- Perform quarterly account reviews in partnership with Area Sales Managers, to provide and receive feedback from existing customers and ensure customers achieve their implementation goals and receive maximum value from their Triton implementation.
- Develop strong relationships with clinical and administrative stakeholders within assigned accounts, ensuring that Triton “champions” are in place at each account.
- Collaborate and share best practices and other key insights to help maximize the entire team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support Sales, Marketing and Engineering by appropriately communicating customer feedback and field product performance.
- Partner with Area Sales Managers to secure annual contract renewals.
- Other duties as assigned by Director to support the team.
Expertise and Personality:
The successful candidate will:
- At least 3+ years of successful experience performing a clinical sales or account management role for a medical technology company.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate highly technical information and complex clinical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to travel overnight by auto, train, or aircraft 50-75% of the time.
- Prior education and training experience in operating room or labor & delivery. (Desired)
A BS/BA degree is required; an advanced degree in business or management is desirable.
Must be able to lift equipment weighing approximately 75 lbs. Ability to install equipment on-site.
Send resume to:
Director of Customer Success
About Gauss Surgical:
Gauss Surgical is a Silicon Valley-based technology company pioneering an over-the-air delivery model for medical technologies. The company leverages computer vision and machine learning to deliver mobile applications for the operating room, with a focus on improving patient safety, quality, and outcomes. The company’s initial product, Triton, is a real time blood loss monitor that improves care for patients and reduces costs for hospitals.
Gauss is led by a group of experienced, passionate medical and technical entrepreneurs. The company has fostered a culture that empowers its people to strive for excellence. With a highly differentiated technology addressing a huge market need Gauss Surgical is poised to become the leader in accurately quantify blood loss in the OR through real-time data analysis.
The Company recently completed a $20 million Series C financing round led by SoftBank Ventures Korea and Northwell Health, and with participation from the strategic venture arms of several leading healthcare systems. Triton™ was selected from over 1 million iOS apps to receive the Apple Design Award at the 2018 World Wide Developers Conference. Triton has received FDA de novo approval and CE mark; in the past 18 months. Triton™ has been adopted by 50 leading US hospitals covering over 200,000 surgeries per year and impacts over a thousand patients weekly.